Total Control Introduction to Riding—4 hours (1 day) non-licensing course
Find A Course Near You
The Total Control Introduction to Riding (Total Control ITR℠) is designed for those who are curious about riding. This course includes both classroom and on-cycle instruction. You will learn fundamental skills required to operate a motorcycle or 3-wheeled vehicle and progress to street riding skills and strategies. (Prerequisite for two-wheeled motorcycle includes the ability to ride and balance a bicycle for the riding portion of the course.) Learn about basic controls and operations of a motorcycle and/or 3-wheeled vehicle.
Students will be to be able to ride in a straight line, shift, stop and turn the vehicle. Introduction to Riding will have 2 hours of classroom and 2 hours of riding. Motorcycles and/or three-wheeled vehicles and helmets are provided in this course.
YOU MUST BRING:
- EYE PROTECTION including shields, sunglasses, goggles, or glasses
- STURDY LONG-SLEEVED JACKET or shirt
- WATER or other non-alcoholic beverage, quick to eat foods and lunch that does not require refrigeration. There are very few locations and opportunities to purchase food or beverages.
- FULL-FINGERED GLOVES: closed back, with no holes in them. They must be street-motorcycle specific and/or durable leather. Mechanics gloves, batting gloves, etc. are NOT acceptable.
- STURDY HIGH TOP SHOES OR BOOTS: footwear MUST COVER the anklebone; fabric footwear is not permitted.
- LONG STURDY PANTS: leather, "blue-jeans," or denim only with no tears or holes
You may bring your own DOT-compliant ¾ or full-face helmet.